Financial services are not an impulse buy. Prospects need to be guided to resources that assist them in making the correct decision. That’s why a significant portion of your online success begins and ends with your website’s “landing pages”. Consider landing pages as being the back cover of a fiction book combined with its table of contents. At a glance, your potential customer should be intrigued and informed on how to obtain whatever it is they are searching for. Before we begin, it’s important to differentiate between what differentiates a “standard” and “landing” web page.
A Standard Page:
- May contain links to various directions across your site, or other resources off-site
- Content is less focused on a specific topic
- Great for overall search engine site rank, but may be low solo-page rank
A Landing page:
- Page presented by you through pay-per-click (PPC) marketing, e-mails and SEO campaigns
- Laser-focused on a single topic
- Includes a strong call to action
- Distractions are kept to a minimum. Reduce ads, social integration and links that might move the customer away from the purpose of the landing page
With only 15 to 25 seconds available for you to capture a prospect’s attention the content and presentation need to be clear, concise and to the point. Here are some tips to consider on your way to crafting that irresistible converting landing page:
- Present any professional credentials, certifications, accreditation or impartial third-party accountability services (BBB, Shopper Approved, etc.)
- Limit where a new prospect can go by simplifying navigation
- The saying goes: a picture is worth a thousand words. Remember to incorporate images and graphs to limit reading and improve engagement
- Call to action. What does the user need to do? Where do they need to go?
Your online success lives and dies by your landing pages. With a global market and thousands of other companies competing for your customers, you can’t afford to make a bad first impression. Work with your marketing specialists to ensure that you are putting your best foot forward by having exciting, well-planned landing pages designed to carry your prospect from window shopper to happy customer.